- Articles with Good Information
- CONTACT ME
- German Names
- Hebrew Surnames
- Jewish Communities in Germany
- List of German Jewish Surnames
- Oral History Interview, Questions and Topics
- Population Census Items 1790–1940
- Surnames from Dad
- Surnames from Mom
- SWENSON SWEDISH IMMIGRATION RESEARCH CENTER
- Relative FINDER
- #2017-A-Z Challenge
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
The Signers - Lyman Hall - 3rd Cousin 7 times removed
Lyman Hall was an American physician and statesman, best known as one of the signers of the United States Declaration of Independence, representing the state of Georgia. He was born on 12 April 1724 in Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut to John Hall and Mary Street. He was one of the eight children of his parents.
He comes from my mother's side.
David Lewis (Luther's father-in-law)
John Hall - We share John Hall, born 1605-1676
In 1757, after coming to know about sufficient land resources in Georgia he moved to Georgia and became an owner of a small plantation.
In the 1770s, when the Revolution approached, he was elected as a delegate from the city he represented - St. John’s Parish in the Second Continental Congress in 1775.
In 1776, he formed a Provincial Congress and him along with Button Gwinnett and George Walton were appointed delegates from the state of Georgia. The same year, on August 2, he signed the Declaration of Independence.
After the Revolution, he was made the Governor of Georgia in order to restore the city. After his one-year term as governor, he served in the assembly and as a judge.
Subscribe to Rooted by Blood, DNA and a lot of BS by Email
- Stay at home Mom to 1 dog and 2 cats. I am the "big sister" in the photo. My baby sister, passed away unexpectedly, Sept. 2015 at the young age of 56. I miss her terribly. Everyone in my childhood family has now passed. I have 3 sons. My oldest son died in 2003 at the age of 25. GENEALOGY is a growing passion of mine as well as History.