Monday, July 3, 2017

Signers of the Declaration of Independence I am related to.




Relative Finder says I am related to 22 of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence. No direct lines, just cousins. I would guess, most Americans are related to at least one of these signers. It's pretty cool, that Benjamin Franklin is my 5th cousin, 9 times removed and John Adams is my 11th cousin, 3 times removed. 

Interesting. 





Lyman Hall 3rd Cousin 7 times removed 
William Ellery 5th Cousin 6 times removed 
William Williams 4th Cousin 8 times removed 
Samuel Huntington 6th Cousin 5 times removed 
Benjamin Franklin 5th Cousin 9 times removed 
Carter Braxton 6th Cousin 7 times removed 
John Hart 5th Cousin 10 times removed 
Francis Lightfoot Lee 8th Cousin 5 times removed 
Richard Henry Lee 8th Cousin 5 times removed 
Benjamin Rush 9th Cousin 4 times removed 
William Floyd 8th Cousin 6 times removed 
Gov Benjamin Harrison 9th Cousin 5 times removed 
Robert Carroll 9th Cousin 5 times removed 
Robert Treat Paine 8th Cousin 7 times removed 
Arthur Middleton 10th Cousin 4 times removed 
George Walton 10th Cousin 4 times removed 
George Wythe 9th Cousin 6 times removed 
Joseph Hewes 9th Cousin 6 times removed 
Samuel Chase 9th Cousin 6 times removed 
John Adams 11th Cousin 3 times removed 
John Hancock 10th Cousin 5 times removed 
Richard Stockton 14th Cousin 1 time removed 








Subscribe to Rooted by Blood, DNA and a lot of BS by Email

2 comments:

  1. Now...that is pretty cool. i am going backwards through your posts. I'm still trying to figure out the "removed" part

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stay at home Mom to 1 dog and 2 cats. I am the "big sister" in the photo. My baby sister, passed away unexpectedly, Sept. 2015 at the young age of 56. I miss her terribly. Everyone in my childhood family has now passed. I have 3 sons. My oldest son died in 2003 at the age of 25. GENEALOGY is a growing passion of mine as well as History.