Monday, May 1, 2017

Military Memorials for Mondays in May




I have decided to devote Mondays this month, to those of my ancestors who fought in wars - and who died. I also will introduce my sons family as well as my husbands and will include them in this Memorial Monday, May theme.

I don't know if I will be able to fill every Monday of May with those who died in battle - when I am unable,  I will post about a battle some of them were engaged in at that time in history. We'll just have to see how it goes.

My husband served 20 +years in the military so we very much are a pro-military family - my son served 6+ years, my father and my FIL.  I actually find war history interesting and really enjoy war movies and documentaries.

My Ancestors did what they had to do, to protect our way of life. Agree or disagree - that's okay. They stood by their convictions, stepped up to the plate and served their country, some to their death.







Subscribe to Rooted by Blood, DNA and a lot of BS by Email

2 comments:

  1. I will look forward to reading Bout this since I, too, am interested in this and love war films. My dad fought in WW2 for Canada and was part of the liberation of Holland and was wounded I. The Reischwald forest near the end of the war. Now my mom was German and grew up in the 1930's and was 17 when the war ended. My one uncle fought at the Russian front and died right after the war. My other u clue was I. The navy. Neither were nazis and actually hated that regime.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stay at home Mom to 1 dog and 2 cats. I am the "big sister" in the photo. My baby sister, passed away unexpectedly, Sept. 2015 at the young age of 56. I miss her terribly. Everyone in my childhood family has now passed. I have 3 sons. My oldest son died in 2003 at the age of 25. GENEALOGY is a growing passion of mine as well as History.