Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Family Wedding pictures




Having some wedding photos of your ancestors are priceless. Seeing them, young and at their best. Some you can tell had money and others did not.



Beautiful floral display





This is different - A dark wedding dress. Maybe, it's all that she had. 





 look at his smile.






Young and Shy - These are my Grandparents






Sweden


I have more - but these were the only ones I managed to scan and save for this A-Z project.




Subscribe to Rooted by Blood, DNA and a lot of BS by Email

6 comments:

  1. Some terrific photos. They can contain a lot of symbolism and changing traditions over time. Black was certainly acceptable for a long time even after Queen Victoria made white dresses fashionable. This source says black was fashionable in Scandinavia and you mention another Swedish wedding... https://www.marryjim.com/en/page/show/id/30/template/history

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing old photos like this. The lady in the non white dress is still fashionable because the material looks expensive and, like Anne said, white only became the norm after Queen Victoria married in white. Her dress also looks like it is some traditional folk dress. Many would wear this for special occasion especially one this ornate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. I love seeing our ancestors as the embark on a new chapter in their lives.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stay at home Mom to 1 dog and 2 cats. I am the "big sister" in the photo. My baby sister, passed away unexpectedly, Sept. 2015 at the young age of 56. I miss her terribly. Everyone in my childhood family has now passed. I have 3 sons. My oldest son died in 2003 at the age of 25. GENEALOGY is a growing passion of mine as well as History.