Sunday, March 19, 2017

Genealogy isn't for the faint-hearted





SUICIDE RUNS IN FAMILIES

7 months later, I get a message on Ancestry - someone from the Hasenstab family.



This gal actually knew "Uncle Ed" and "Aunt Cordie".  As you will read, she tells me, something that blew my mind. My Grandfather also committed suicide. Gunshot, same as my Mom. By this time, I had found out that my Great Grandfather, Michael, had jumped off a bridge to his death.

This was 3 generations of suicide in the Hasenstab family.

This is NOT what I was looking for. You have to understand, that when you dig through the mysteries - you just might find out why they were mysteries, to begin with.

She eventually said she would send me a picture - she never did. In fact, she just stopped communicating with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stay at home Mom to 1 dog and 2 cats. I am the "big sister" in the photo. My baby sister, passed away unexpectedly, Sept. 2015 at the young age of 56. I miss her terribly. Everyone in my childhood family has now passed. I have 3 sons. My oldest son died in 2003 at the age of 25. GENEALOGY is a growing passion of mine as well as History.