Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Death Certificate - Michael Hasenstab

That evening, when I had received a reply from my earlier post, I was as excited as a small child, in a candy shop. I remember it was late in the evening - around 10pm - but I couldn't wait till morning. I downloaded my Great Grandfather's Death certificate.



What I saw, was shocking. The cause of death was SUICIDE! He was 74 years old.

I was devastated. My mom had committed suicide and now I find out, her grandfather had done the same. What was going on?

About Me

My photo
Stay at home Mom to 1 dog and 2 cats. I am the "big sister" in the photo. My baby sister, passed away unexpectedly, Sept. 2015 at the young age of 56. I miss her terribly. Everyone in my childhood family has now passed. I have 3 sons. My oldest son died in 2003 at the age of 25. GENEALOGY is a growing passion of mine as well as History.